Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chitwan! (part one)

So I realize that it has taken some time to get these up, but here are some pictures from Chitwan (for some reason, my video of our elephant ride won't upload right now). We stayed at the Island Jungle Resort. It was wonderful! We took all back roads to get here, had to turn around a couple of times and then got to our 'boat' to take us across to the island. After a 10 min. hike through the jungle, we came to all the huts where we stayed for an amazing two nights and two days. Hot showers available (sometimes) for about an hour in the evening, no outlets in the rooms, and electricity from only about 6-9 pm. What fun! We were met by two other families from Tansen... so we had a nice, big party of 16. I think this is one of the coolest things that I have ever done in my life. The elephants were definitely the best part!!! I would say that the worst part was the 5:50 am wake-up call; not so cool. :) This is our ride over to the island. :)


Our hike to the huts through the jungle

Nick and Nate bathing with an elephant!



Glorious Sunset in the Jungle seen from the back of an Elephant!


Crocodile!



Elephant safari


Me with the elephants!

So now we are in Kathmandu again for a wedding reception and to meet some friends, back to 12 hours a day with no power. We are here for about a week, I am staying in a different location than the Beine's for this trip. My host is wonderful! She has three boys, and her husband works with Wycliffe. Her garden is the most amazing thing I have ever seen, I think I have posted pictures of it before on my blog.

Right now I am waiting for the Beines to come pick me up to go up to a small mountain town for the next two nights. Then, we will come back for the wedding reception, Jake's birthday party, and then back home to Tansen on Thursday. As always, lots going on in this part of the world. :) I'm just trying to soak it all up!
Blessings and peace be upon you! Have a glorious day!
*Ephesians 3:14-21*

No comments:

Post a Comment